Here's a quick look at what youshould expect:
- Screen Mirroring lets you experience the full Xperia T/TX interface wirelessly via WiFi Miracast on your TV
- Extended standby mode increases the standby time by up to 4 times. When the screen has been in sleep mode for a few minutes, Wi-Fi and data traffic will temporarily be disabled and most applications will become inactive. Core functions such as calling and messaging will work as normal; you will still be able to receive calls, messages and notifications. Once you touch the screen to wake the device up from standby all functions are back to normal.
The upgrade also brings new improvements to Sony's media applications.
- Movies app now let's you run the show from the dashboard with a small viewing window, controls and film gallery.
- "WALKMAN" app's interface is more dynamic, with changing colours to reflect the track's album art.
- Album app utilises Mobile BRAVIA Engine with even higher contrast, depth and sharpness in photos and videos. You can also make full use of SenseME Slideshows, delivering a tailored presentation matching music to your image's ambience.
Xperia T supports HD Voice, which transmits a broader spectrum of the human voice resulting in a more natural sound filtering out background noise.
Sony will notify owners of Xperia T or Xperia TX smartphones when the upgrade is ready, and it'll be available for download over the air, via PC Companion or Bridge for Mac.