Samsung Electronics has released the updated version of its budget tablet series, the Galaxy Tab A, on Tuesday. The Android-based "2016 Galaxy Tab A" features a 10.1-inch full HD Plane to Line switching (PLS) display, a 1.6 GHz octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM and a microSD card slot for up to 200GB of removable storage. It has a 7.300 mAh battery.
The tablet is equipped with an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
The budget-friendly product has "optimized" functions for users to enjoy games and movies. It is available for 359,000 won (US$309) in online stores. The product comes in two colors - black and white.
- OS: Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Processor: 1.6GHz octa-core processor
- Display: 10.1 inches (25.54 cm) WUXGA TFT PLS (1,920 x 1,200)
- Size: 155.3 x 254.2 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 525 grams
- Battery: 7300 mAh
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage Capacity: 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 200GB via microSD card)
- Main camera: 8 megapixels, F1.9 aperture, autofocus, flash
- Front camera: 2 megapixel, F2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 + 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB 2.0