1) Primary materials: Gallium-Nitride,
2) Light output power: 30 mW at Continuous Wave (CW) and 100 mW at Pulse Operation (Pulse Width: 3) Typical peak wavelength: 405 nm
4) Longitudinal and transverse modes: multiple
It is remarkable that some of major printing and media manufacturers exhibited their own new CtP (Computer to Plate) systems, which incorporate Nichia 5 mW Laser Diode, at Drupa 2000 Print Media Messe in Dusseldorf, Germany in May 2000 so that emergence of Violet Laser Diode enables revolutionary systems to directly write printing data into metal plates. Making the best use of Violet Laser Diode, plenty of researches are deployed all over the world in the medical, industrial and fundamental scientific fields by means of high resolution, phosphor excitement and so on.
In particular, the promising fields are as follows.
1) Early diagnostic equipment and photodynamic therapy system of cancer in combination with bronchoscopy
2) Analytical instrumentation, laser microscope, spectroscope in biotechnology
3) Laser diffraction particle size analyzer for air, water, foodstuff and medical analyses etc
4) High resolution photogravure printing system and high speed printer
5) Curing resin (such as rapid prototyping and dental care etc)
It is generally said that the materials of Gallium Nitride, of which our Violet Laser Diodes are made, are called the semiconductor materials friendly to the environment in comparison with the materials of other conventional laser diodes, being harmless to human bodies, animals and plants.
This High Power Violet Laser Diode (Model: NLHV3000M), which is aiming at deployment for medical and industrial applications, will be commercially shipped from July 2000, while it will be scheduled for September 2000 to make available engineering samples of another High Power Violet Laser Diode, which is used for consumer electronics such as DVD..." NULL