Withings announces its latest innovation: ScanWatch Nova. This new iteration offers a powerful health scan in a splendid luxury diver-style watch with crucial health benefits to track health metrics and activity, including on-demand electrocardiogram, SpO2, body temperature 24/7, advanced activity tracking, and in-depth sleep analysis.
"ScanWatch Nova offers advanced health-tracking capabilities and is packed full of technology to make continuous measurements autonomous and effortless with an extraordinary 30-days battery. The splendid timepiece imperceptibly embeds a powerful health scan, with all the cutting-edge innovations to enhance your health, wrapped in a stylish aesthetic inspired by the timeless tradition of diver-style watchmaking." explains Etienne Trégaro, Product Manager at Withings.
ScanWatch Nova provides all the most needed health scans thanks to the revolutionary sensors and health tracking features of the recently announced Withings ScanWatch 2, which we have already reviewed over here. Available from December 5th on withings.com just in time for the holiday, priced at 549.95£; its key features include.
The watch that improves your health
- On-demand medical-grade electrocardiogram: ScanWatch Nova performs an on-demand medical-grade electrocardiogram to detect potential heart anomalies at any time, such as atrial fibrillation, which is one of the most prevalent forms of arrhythmias, characterized by irregular heart rhythms. Nearly 2 million signs of AFib have been identified on ScanWatch since 2020. In just 30 seconds, through two built-in electrodes, by simply touching the bezel with the hand, users can launch an ECG reading with live-results on the Withings app.
- May indicate the onset of an illness: ScanWatch Nova provides baseline fluctuations of day and night body temperature, which may indicate the onset of an illness or other health condition, as well as boosts the ability to manage performance and recovery through workout temperature variation zones. ScanWatch Nova features the revolutionary TempTech24/7 module technology that combines miniaturized heat flux sensors (measuring energy transit) with a high-accuracy temperature sensor (measuring ambient & skin temperature), alongside heart rate and accelerometer input calibrations to deliver a best-in-class body temperature variation assessment.
- Assess part of the respiratory system: With ScanWatch Nova, gain peace of mind with on-demand blood oxygen (SpO2), plus track overnight breathing disturbances as well as average blood oxygen during sleep. Good blood oxygenation is necessary to supply the energy the muscles need in order to function, which increases during a sports activity. If the SpO2 value is below 90%, that could be a sign of poor blood oxygenation, also called hypoxia.
- Help achieve more restful sleep by tracking sleep quality and receiving advice for improvement. With ScanWatch Nova, users can wake to their Sleep Quality Score and deep dive into their sleep metrics (phases, depth, duration, interruptions) with info on how to improve them.
- Boost your activity with seamless tracking: ScanWatch Nova can track parameters such as steps, calories, elevation, workout routes (via in-app connected GPS) and can automatically recognize more than 40 daily activities such as walking, running, swimming, and cycling. In addition, it offers Fitness Level assessments through estimation of VO2 Max, which measures the heart and muscle's ability to convert oxygen into energy during physical exercise. Users can easily and instantly swap from the Oyster metal wristband to the FKM wristband for more comfort during their training session (both wristbands are included at purchase).
Precision meets luxury in this clinically designed masterpiece.
- Luxurious diver watch aesthetics: This jewel of innovation has been crafted with excellence and an extreme attention to details. It includes a ceramic and stainless-steel rotating bezel with laser engraved markings that incorporate the standard codes of diving practice and full Luminova hollow watch hands, indicators, and thick raised indices that allow it to be used in low light. The ScanWatch Nova has a refined sunray dial, its case is mirror-polished and made of stainless steel, and this diver-inspired watch not only is water resistant at 10 ATM, but it's also protected by a sapphire glass with anti-reflection coating. It is an exquisite timepiece that provides essential notifications via its user-friendly OLED high-resolution grayscale screen, ensuring clear readability.
- Phenomenal battery life: ScanWatch Nova boasts the iconic Withings 30-day battery life that enables users to rely on it for continuous health tracking without frequent recharging. ScanWatch Nova comes with a USB-C cable, allowing fast and full recharge in under 2 hours to allow a continuous day-and-night health, activity, and sleep tracking.
- Leading-edge technology: Utilizing MultiWave PPG sensors and HealthSenseTM – Withings' proprietary operating system, ScanWatch Nova can track advanced cardiovascular vitals, including heart rate, heart rate variability, and ECG. It is also able to measure SpO2, breathing disturbances and track sleep patterns.
- Intuitive Withings app: Seamlessly connect your ScanWatch Nova to the Withings app, offering an elegant and user-friendly interface. The app allows users to customize the screen and information they can see on the watch display, such as the heart rate variability3, the number of steps they've walked, the variation of the baseline body temperature, activities, and much more. To go even further, they can set their notification preferences for their favorite apps directly on the app. A long press on the dial can also launch their preferred feature, and a quick look option enables them to activate the watch display when the user's wrist is lifted. Through the app, they can also receive personalized insights, trends, and recommendations to optimize their health journey.
"With ScanWatch Nova, we have created an extraordinary heart health hybrid smartwatch that is as clinically powerful as it is beautiful. By seamlessly merging luxury design with the power of health technology, peoples' health journeys can now be as stunning as they are effective. It brings amazing, concrete health benefits such as a medical grade ECG and aesthetic allure in one astonishing package." Commented Eric Carreel, Founder and President of Withings.
AvailabilityWatch lovers can order ScanWatch Nova online on Withings.com starting December 5th, 2023, priced at £549.95, then from February 1st, 2024 at our retail partners. The watch comes with an oyster bracelet that tapers from 20 mm to 18 mm for a secure, comfortable fit. It is available in blue, green and black.