Crucial has anounced the BX200 solid state drive (SSD), which offers affordable performance gains compared to a standard hard drive. The drive, designed for consumers and SMBs, provides sequential read and write speeds up to 540MB/s and 490 MB/s respectively on all types of data, as well as random read and write speeds up to 66k and 78k IOPS respectively.
The new drive utilizes a Silicon Motion SM2256 Controller, Micron 16nm TLC NAND and Micron verified firmware.
Available now in a 2.5-inch form factor, the Crucial BX200 SSD is offered in 240GB, 480GB and 960GB with MSRPs of $84.99, $149.99 and $299.99, respectively, and is available at crucial.com. The new drive is supported by the Crucial Storage Executive tool, is backed by a limited three - year warranty, and is compatible with both PC and Mac systems.
The BX200 also comes standard with Acronis True Image HD data migration software.
Features and specs
- Life Expectancy (MTTF): 1.5 million hours
- Endurance: 72TB total bytes written (TBW), equal to 40GB per day for 5 years
- Warranty: Limited three-year warranty
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C
- Firmware: User-upgradeable firmware
- Multistep Data Integrity Algorithm
- Thermal Monitoring
- SLC Write Acceleration
- Data Path Protection
- Active Garbage Collection
- TRIM Support
- Self-Monitoring and Reporting Technology (SMART)
- Error Correction Code (ECC)
- Device Sleep extreme low power mode (DEVSLP)
- Data Transfer Software
- Includes activation key for Acronis True Image HD software for easy data migration
- Capacities: 240GB, 480GB and 960GB
- Sequential read: 540MB/s
- Sequential write: 490MB/s
- Random read: 66K IOPs
- Ramdpm write: 78K IOPs