Akai Professional released its new standalone Force music production/DJ performance device, with clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-inch multi-touch display.
Force is designed for the user who wants a standalone product with the latest in modern workflow techniques, free from being connected to the computer or a laptop.
Force features an 8x8 RGB clip launch matrix, a 7-inch full-color touch-capacitive multitouch display, 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays, two audio inputs, four audio outputs, MIDI and CV I/O.
Additional features include time stretching/pitch-shifting in real time, a comprehensive set of on-board effects by AIR Music Technology, plus the TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines. It also boasts an additional synth called Hype, a preset and macro-based synth combining several different synth engines into a single package. Force also has the ability to record eight stereo tracks.
- Standalone - no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7" color capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/Instrument/Line Inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8" TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included)
- (4) configurable CV/Gate Outputs to integrate your modular setup
- (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- Time stretch/pitch shift in real time
- Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines
- Ability to record 8 stereo tracks
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
- 2 GB of RAM
- Full-Size SD card Slot
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD)
- (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
In March 2019, Force’s development program includes in-depth Ableton Live integration. This functionality will include total visibility and command of Ableton’s clip matrix, tactile control of core mixer parameters including crossfader assignments, and control of device parameters instantiated in Ableton Live’s workspace via the touch user interface and Force’s rotary encoders / OLED displays.
Additionally, March 2019 will also see Splice integration within Force. Splice Sounds fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds, presets and loops, covering nearly ever musical style. With Splice integration in Force, users will have immediate wi-fi access to their own Splice library directly from the touch user interface. .
In the U.S. Force has a coordinated availability date of the 5th February 2019. In International markets Force is slated for availability in February 2019.
U.S. retail will be $1499.00.
Pads: (64) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlitKnobs
- (8) 360° touch-sensitive Knobs
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (5) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- 6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- (4) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs)
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI input
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI output
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI thru port
- (4) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (2) USB Type-A ports
- (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
Power: via power adapter: 19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included
Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 13.8” x 15.3” x 2.85”
- 350 x 389 x 72.5 mm
- 8.53 lbs.
- 3.87 kg