- First of all, Apple plans to make iOS 8 much faster than iOS 7.
- The Messages app may be changed to auto-delete conversations after a certain amount of inactivity in order to free up storage for users.
- Apple may also simplify the Notification Center in iOS 8 by removing the "Missed" section of the feature and only retaining the sections titled "Today" and "Notifications."
- Apple may also kill the Game Center app, although users could still access some of its features from within iOS games.
- Apple could introduce a new app called Healthbook, which would focus on fitness.
- Apple may create an app for its iTunes Radio music-streaming feature.
- Mobile versions of Apple's Preview and Text Edit applications may be also in the works. These apps already exist on Apple's Mac OS X computer and laptop software.
- 9to5Mac also reported that Apple plans to include an improved version of its Apple Maps app, complete with public transportation information, within iOS 8.
Apple did not provide any comment.