1. Internal 5.25-inch, half-height, CD-Recordable and CD-ReWritable drive
2. Compatible with MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ME/XP, Linux
3. IDE / ATAPI interface
4. Supports all popular CD-ROM formats.
5. 48X maximum read speed, 4X, 8X, 12, 16X(CLV) and 20X, 24X, 28X, 32X (ZCLV) write speed for CD-R and 4X, 8X, 12X (CLV) for CD-RW disc
6. Access time is 100 ms (typical)
7. Supports PIO mode 4 and UDMA mode 2
8. 2 MB internal buffer
9. ExacLink technology to avoid Buffer Under Run error.
10. Supports reading of SubChannel data
11. Supports Disk-at-Once, Track-at-Once, Multi-sessions, Fix/Varible length Packet-Write and RAW writing.
12. Power-saving capability
13. Motorized easy touch tray loading
14. Support reading CD-R & CD-RW disc
15. Support disc formats: CD-ROM, CD-DA, Video-CD, CD-ROM/XA, mixed mode, Photo CD, CD Plus, CD Extra, i-trax CD, Bootable CD
The specifications of the CD-W068D (36/12/48) CD-RW drive are the same as with the CD-W058D but it supports: 4X, 8X, 12, 16X(CLV) and 20X, 24X, 28X, 32X, 36X (ZCLV) write speed for CD-R and 4X, 8X, 12X (CLV) for CD-RW disc.
The 36x writing speed is achieved trough 6 different speeds shift points: 16x, 20x, 24x, 28x, 32x and 36x. The Average writing speed ,as Nero CD Speed shows, is around 26.79X (with 80min CD) making it slower than Freecom 32A CD-RW (26.86X). Stay tuned for more news...