CyberLink today launched the latest version of its photo editing and design software, PhotoDirector. PhotoDirector 8 brings new features and technology to photography for creating images using hi-res video footage.
Video-to-Photo technology enables users to pull specific frames from hi-resolution video using a hyper-precise capturing engine. Stills can then be adjusted and edited as a standard image, or incorporated into panoramic photos, multi-exposure images or group shots, using tools designed to make photo editing easy even for beginners.
PhotoDirector's emphasis on usability is also reflected in the new Express Layer Templates. The templates contain all necessary layer components to easily compose otherwise complex images. It offers a quick way for users to construct photos and includes a training tool that shows how layers can be combined to produce dynamic graphic effects.
PhotoDirector 8 also introduces a collection of new motion blur effects that offer users a simple way to convey movement in still images.
PhotoDirector 8 - Photo Editing & Design
- Capture Stills from Video - Video-to-Photo uses precise capture technology to isolate and grab frames from hi-resolution video.
- Video-to-Photo Panorama - Selects multiple stills from video to stitch together to create a panoramic image.
- Video-to-Photo Multi-Exposure - Captures a sequence of stills from video and merges them to form a single image showcasing the movement of the subject.
- Video-to-Photo Face Swap - Instantly creates a single photo from videos of groups, allowing users to select the best face example for each group member.
- One-Click Toning - A feature revamp improves the automatic redistribution and balancing of the tonal values of an image.
- Motion Blur - Enables users to apply realistic focal and motion blurs, adjusting the strength, direction and position of the effect.
- Color Splash - Draws the viewer’s eye by turning photos black and white while retaining selected objects in color.
- Express Layer Templates - Built-in and downloadable templates contain all the layer components that make up complex images, providing users with an easy way to put together images while learning photographic compositing techniques.
Versions and Pricing
- PhotoDirector 8 Suite ($149.99): Includes ColorDirector 5, 50GB of space on CyberLink Cloud for 1 year.
- PhotoDirector 8 Ultra ($99.99) : Includes both Mac & Windows version, 25GB of space on CyberLink Cloud for 1 year.
- PhotoDirector 8 Deluxe ($59.99): Windows version only.
- ColorDirector 5 ($129.99)