Dell announced today at Dell World a refresh to its OptiPlex commercial PC portfolio in five years and the Wyse 5050 AIO zero client for VMware. The OptiPlex line of PCs are secure commercial desktops with endpoint security solutions from Dell’s own Dell Data Protection suite that include encryption, authentication, malware protection and threat protection. OptiPlex is also the most manageable commercial desktop portfolio with Intel Core vPro processor technology and Client Command Suite.
The new OptiPlex PCs feature improvements over previous generation systems including:
- OptiPlex 7040 with 6th Gen Intel Core vPro processor technology offers up to 70 percent better performance versus a five year-old system
- up to double the memory capacity than previous generation product
- four times the storage capacity of previous generation product
- power consumption reduced by up to 63 percent with the new OptiPlex 7040 Small Form Factor
- background system noise decreased by up to 32 percent with the new OptiPlex 7040 Small Form Factor
The new OptiPlex portfolio also offers space-saving versatility. The Mini Tower is 43 percent smaller than the previous generation and Micro desktops can save more than 7,700 square feet of workspace when replacing 10,000 legacy desktops. The updated portfolio, which is leveraging a new 3000/5000/7000 model numbering structure to simplify product comparison, includes:
- OptiPlex 7040: Enterprise-class desktop with management, security and expandability features, including discrete graphics, dual hard drives and triple display, all in a compact design;
- OptiPlex 5040: A full-featured commercial desktop with performance, security and manageability, without sacrificing the business-critical features;
- OptiPlex 3040: A business desktop offering security, manageability and performance at the lowest entry price point for a commercial desktop;
- OptiPlex 24 7000 Series All-In-One (7440): A secure all-in-one with a sleek design, a 23.8-inch Full HD display and an optional 4K Ultra HD display;
- OptiPlex 22 3000 Series All-In-One (3240): Business-class performance, productivity features, and new 21.5-inch Full HD display.
The OptiPlex 7000 Series, 5000 Series and Micro PC with Intel Unite software are available today. The OptiPlex 3000 series will be available in November 2015.
The Wyse 5050 AIO zero client is designed for VMware environments and provides the security businesses require with a zero attack surface for viruses and malware.
The Wyse 5050 AIO features a Full HD 23.6-inch display. With PCoIP technology, it offers full USB peripheral interoperability and support for high-resolution 3D graphics and applications such as CAD and video editing.
Wyse zero clients allow for hands-off management or remote management with Wyse Device Manager, and also include Dell BIOS support, giving the administrator the ability to make adjustments to hardware functionality.
The Wyse 5050 AIO is based on the Dell 24 monitor – P2414H. There are six USB ports, including four on the side of the chassis, and the zero client features rotating and detachable base.
Dell also announced the latest version of its Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager, release 9, a cloud-based management platform that manages thin clients, mobile devices, and mobile workspaces from a single console. This release also enhances the management capabilities for Android, Windows and iOS platforms by adding support for iOS9, Windows 10 and enhanced application management functionality.
The Wyse 5050 AIO zero client is available starting December 2015 in the United States. It will expand to other regions in 2016.