2019 took us to distant worlds and brought us together with new apps, games, movies and books. We answered the Call of Duty, made photos move, and went back to Gilead—it was an amazing year from beginning to Endgame.
Here is the top content across Google Play in 2019.
Users rocked the vote to crown their favorites … and the votes are in: The 2019 Users’ Choice winners are Call of Duty: Mobile, Video Editor - Glitch Video Effects, Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame and Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.
Below are the lists that incldue what the Google Play editors loved and what topped the charts in U.S. entertainment this year. You can also check out the full lists in the Best of 2019 section of the Play Store.
Users’ Choice 2019
- App: Video Editor - Glitch Video Effects
- Game: Call of Duty: Mobile
- Movie: Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame
- Ebook: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
- Best App of 2019: Ablo
- Best Game of 2019: Call of Duty: Mobile
Top-Selling Movies of 2019
- Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame
- A Star Is Born
- Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel
- Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
Top-Selling TV Shows of 2019
- Game of Thrones
- The Walking Dead
- The Big Bang Theory
- Literary legends
Top-Selling Ebooks of 2019
- The Mister by E L James
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
- Tiamat's Wrath by James S. A. Corey
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- The Institute by Stephen King
Top-Selling Audiobooks of 2019
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
- A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One by George R. R. Martin
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling