Shipping next week, a new Serialized version (D300S) with two new features will further enhance Kingston IronKey D300 USB drive's level of security to safeguard sensitive data.
IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and uses 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption in XTS mode. Shipping next week, a new Serialized version (D300S) will have a unique serial number and bar code on the drive itself, allowing network administrators to read or scan the code instead of plugging in the drive. When a drive is deployed, returned or during any physical auditing or asset management of hardware, this feature will make the process more efficient and streamlined. The second feature, a virtual keyboard, enables users to enter a password with clicks of the mouse instead of using a physical keyboard, thereby providing a greater level of protection against any possible keylogging when using D300S on other computers.
The new Serialized drives will also be available as a Managed model (D300SM) that requires IronKey EMS or SafeConsole by DataLocker allowing central management of drive access and usage across thousands of drives. This will be the first IronKey drive that will now be supported on SafeConsole, allowing it to be used by Kingston's customers who already have it installed.
IronKey D300SM will be available Q1 2019.
Kingston IronKey D300 Serialized Features and Specifications:
- Encrypted: Password-protected data
- IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and TAA compliant.
- With IronKey EMS or SafeConsole you can centrally administer access and usage policies and manage thousands of drives.
- Unique Serial Number and Scannable Barcode: Time saver, read or scan the barcode, when deploying, when it is returned as well as during any physical auditing.
- Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Capacity: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- USB 3.1 Gen 1:
- 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
- 32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- 64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
- 128GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
- USB 2.0:
- 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB–128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 3.06" x 0.9" x 0.47" (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
- Waterproof: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX82.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Two (2) free drive letters required for use
- Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x)
- Standard Drive Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x), Linux v.2.6x+ 6
- Managed Drive Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x)