Micron Technology today introduced its new MT25Q NOR flash enabled with Authenta technology, providing content and command authentication to protect device functionality at the silicon level.
This provides additional defenses to add enhanced trustworthiness for IoT devices, expanding security to otherwise unsecured intelligent devices. In addition to device security, Authenta technology allows new services such as secure over-the-air updates and additional services from edge silicon to cloud services.
The new Authenta NOR flash trusted memory solution introduces a new level of hardware-based security that not only enhances the integrity of the connected device itself, but also extends protection to the software that runs on the device, starting with the boot process. Moreover, Authenta NOR flash can replace the standard serial NOR flash used pervasively in the industry.
With trusted identity embedded at the hardware level and secure boot capability, Authenta technology allows connected devices to be authenticated directly with a host or secure gateway — whether in the cloud, at the edge or on the device. Micron MT25Q NOR flash combines these security features in a NOR flash solution that meets quality requirements for automotive memory components in advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS).
Micron MT25Q Authenta NOR Flash Key Features
- SHA256 measurement accelerator with flexible user-defined settings
- Secure boot authentication
- Trusted Computing Group's (TCG) Device Identifier Composition Engine (DICE) architecture
- Attestable measurement values and automatic comparison with known good measurement
- Cryptographic command control
- Industrial and full automotive AEC-Q100 Grade 1 (-40°C to +125°C)
- x1, x2, and x4 multi-I/O serial peripheral interface (SPI) operation at clock frequencies up to 166 MHz
- Industry-standard 5x6mm WDFN package in both 1.8V and 3V options
The MT25Q Authenta NOR flash is sampling now. Micron's customers can use this generation of flash memory the same way they have used standard quad-SPI NOR flash memory in past designs. All Authenta capabilities are powered by the upcoming Micron Key Management Service (KMS).