Kingston Digital today announced KC2000, its next generation M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD for enterprise and power users.
The KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD uses the latest Gen 3.0 x 4 controller and Toshoba's 96-layer 3D TLC NAND and it is offering read and write speeds up to 3,200 and 2,200MB/s, respectively.
The SSD is a self-encrypting drive that supports end-to-end data protection using 256-bit AES Hardware-based encryption and allows the usage of independent software vendors with TCG Opal 2.0 security management solutions such as Symantec , McAfee , WinMagic and others. KC2000 also has built-in Microsoft eDrive support, a security storage specification for use with BitLocker.
For the KC2000, Kingston has chosen the Silicon Motion SM2262EN controller rather than the Phison E12.
KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD is available in 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB capacities and is backed by a limited five-year warranty. The SSDs are available for purchase for $62.40, $114.40, $201.50, and $410.80 respectively.
Features and Specifications:
- Supports a full-security suite (TCG Opal 2.0, AES 256-bit, eDrive)
- Designed for desktop, workstations and high-performance computing (HPC) systems
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 Lanes
- Capacities: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- Controller: SMI 2262EN
- NAND: 96-layer 3D TLC
- Encrypted: AES 256-bit Hardware-based Encryption
- Sequential Read/Write: 250GB - up to 3,000/1,100MB/s; 500GB - up to 3,000/2,000MB/s; 1TB - up to 3,200/2,200MB/s; 2TB - up to 3,200/2,200MB/s
Random 4K Read/Write: 250GB - up to 350,000/200,000 IOPS; 500GB - up to 350,000/250,000 IOPS; 1TB - up to 350,000/275,000 IOPS; 2TB - up to 250,000/250,000 IOPS
- Total Bytes Written (TBW): 250GB - 150TBW; 500GB - 300TBW; 1TB - 600TBW; 2TB - 1.2PBW
- Power Consumption: .003W Idle / .2W Avg / 2.1W (MAX) Read / 7W (MAX) Write KC2000 NVMe PCIe SSD
- MTBF: 2,000,000
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty