MediaTek today announced the launch of the 12nm Helio P22, the latest addition to the Helio family of chips for the mid-market. The new chipset brings AI applications, dual-camera support, and better connectivity to smartphones.
MediaTek Helio P22 is the first to bring the 12nm manufacturing process to the mid-range mobile segment. The P60 is already powering Vivo and Oppo devices.
Built with TSMC 12nm FinFET technology, the MediaTek Helio P22 combines the most power efficient manufacturing processing brought to Android smartphones with MediaTek's CorePilot technology. Helio P22 also supports advanced photography and connectivity on dual 4G SIM cards. The chipset's octa-core Arm Cortex A53 processors operate up to 2.0 GHz and offer sustainable high CPU performance while requiring low power inputs.
With MediaTek Helio P22, users will benefit from Edge AI enhancements powered by MediaTek NeuroPilot, which supports common AI frameworks (TensorFlow, TF Lite, Caffe and Caffe2), and an auto-select function for better AI resource for developer efficiency. AI accelerated camera experiences including Face ID, smart photo album and single-camera as well as dual-camera depth of field features are all supported.
The Helio P22 brings hardware-driven dual-camera support for 13+8 megapixel setups at a fast 30 frames per second (FPS). With a low-power, hardware depth engine for real-time Bokeh preview, the chipset is equipped to minimize grain, noise, aliasing, chromatic aberration and more. Advanced 3A and MediaTek's Camera Control Unit (CCU) hardware with high auto-exposure convergence speeds allow for users to capitalize on quick-capture moments on the move. Additionally, 20:9 HD+ (1600 x 720) display support can create full-screen smartphones.
Users can enjoy the fast LTE connectivity on both SIM cards, and 802.11ac WiFi for high Internet throughputs. MediaTek Helio P22 also supports BT5.0, the latest version of the Bluetooth wireless communication standard, and a 4-Satelltie system GNSS allows for faster, more efficient and more accurate connectivity locally and globally.
The Helio P22 is in volume production now, and is expected to be available in consumer devices by the end of Q2 2018.
CPU Type(s): ARM Cortex-A53 Max CPU Frequency: 2.0GHz Cores: Octa (8) CPU Bit: 64-bit
- Memory Type: LPDDR3, LPDDR4x
- Memory Frequency: 933MHz; 1600MHz
- Max Memory Size: 4GB; 6GB
- Storage Type: eMMC 5.1
- Cellular Technologies: Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), FDD / TDD LTE, HSPA + Specific Functions: TAS 2.0, HUPE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71 LTE Category: Cat-4, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL GNSS: Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS
- Wi-Fi: a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0 FM Radio: Yes
- GPU Type: IMG PowerVR GE8320
- Max GPU Frequency: 650MHz
- Max Display Resolution: 1600 x 720
- Video Encoding: H.264
- Video Encoding FPS: 1080P @ 30 fps
- Video Playback: H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- Video Playback FPS: 1080P @ 30 fps
- CorePilot, Imagiq, MiraVision, NeuroPilot, Pump Express, Tiny Sensor Hub
- Camera ISP: 21MP, 13+8MP
- Capture FPS: 21MP@30fps; 13MP+8MP@30fps
- Camera Features: AI Face ID (Face Unlock), AI Smart Photo Album, Single-Cam/Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction