Crucial is expanding its SSD portfolio with the new P2, a direct replacement for last year's Crucial P1 model.
The P2 has a M.2 2280 form factor and a standard PCIe 3.0 x4 interface. It uses QLC flash memory, and is currently available in 250GB and 500GB variants.
In terms of performance, the 250GB model delivers sequential read and write speeds up to 2,100 MBps and 1,150 MBps, respectively. The 500GB model, on the other hand, reaches sequential reads up to 2,300 MBps and sequential writes up to 940 MBps.
The P2 is rated for 150 TBW (terabytes written) in regard to endurance. As usual, Crucial backs the P2 with a limited five-year warranty.
The P2 250GB and 500GB drives are selling for $54.99 and $64.99.
- Life Expectancy (MTTF) 1.5 million hours
- 250GB: 150 Total Bytes Written (TBW)
- 500GB: 150 Total Bytes Written (TBW)
- Sequential Read 2100MB/s
- Sequential Write 1150MB/s
- Sequential Read 2300MB/s
- Sequential Write 940MB/s
- Data Transfer Software: Acronis True Image for Crucial cloning software
- Advanced Features:
- Dynamic Write Acceleration
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND (RAIN)
- Multistep Data Integrity Algorithms
- Adaptive Thermal Protection
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity
- Active Garbage Collection
- TRIM Support
- NVMe standard Self-Monitoring and Reporting Technology (SMART)
- Error Correction Code (ECC)
- NVMe Autonomous Power State Transition (APST)
- Warranty: 5-year limited warranty or 250GB – 150TBW, 500GB – 150TBW