Offering speeds that are 16 times faster than first generation DVD-ROM technology, the 16x DVD-ROM (40x CD-ROM) is compatible with single and dual layer DVD-ROM and DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, Video CD and Photo CD media, preserving compatibility with conventional CD formats (Note: DVD-RAM is not supported).
Pioneer's most advanced drive to date, the 16X DVD-ROM offers:
* Max transfer speeds: 16X DVD-ROM: 21.6MB/s, 40X CD-ROM: 6.0MB/s.
* Random seek times of less than 85 ms for DVD-ROM (70 ms for CD-ROM)
* Access times less than 95 ms (80 ms for CD-ROM)
* ATAPI interface
* Tray or slot-in disc loading systems
* Horizontal or vertical mounting capabilities ..." NULL