SanDisk today announced the availability of the SanDisk X300 SSD along with the SanDisk Tech Assist Refresh (STAR) program for the company’s X-series line of client SSDs. The SanDisk X300 SSD delivers high-performance while utilizing error-correction to increase reliability and an improved SSD Dashboard, which provides visibility into the drive’s performance, security, and available firmware updates.
The X300 utilizes SanDisk’s 1Ynm X3 flash technology, and incorporates nCache 2.0 technology, a next generation tiered caching technology that combines SLC and X3/TLC flash blocks to improve endurance, efficiency, and boost performance in corporate workloads such as office productivity applications, media creation or financial transactions. The X300 SSD also includes a an error handling mechanism that utilizes XOR recovery technology to implement an extra layer of data protection.
The SanDisk X300 SSD includes a downloadable SanDisk SSD Dashboard application, which provides management tools such as drive performance and health monitoring, manual or scheduled TRIM, notifications for firmware updates, and tips on how to maintain the drive at its peak operation. Additionally, the SSD Dashboard includes embedded applications including the Apricorn EZ Gig IV cloning software, which provides the ability to create an exact replica of an old hard drive onto the new SanDisk X300 SSD in three steps. With Apricorn’s EZ Gig IV cloning software, there is no need to re-install the operating system, programs or setting- making it easy for mobile employees to get up and running quickly after an upgrade or crash.
The SanDisk X300 SSD will be available in October in capacities of 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB (2.5" only).
SanDisk also announced its SanDisk Tech Assist Refresh (STAR) program for the company’s X-series line of client SSDs. This new service provides corporate CIOs and IT decision makers with a solution for upgrading their fleet of employee laptops from slower hard disk drives to SSDs.
The new STAR program helps CIOs and IT decision makers (ITDM) efficiently move data where it needs to go. SanDisk’s team of specialists and tools make the process of migrating to an SSD efficient and friction-free.
- Form Factors: 2.5" 7mm cased, M.2 2280, mSATA
- Capacities: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
- Interface: SATA Revision 3.2 (6 Gb/s) backward compatible to SATA Revision 2.0 (3 Gb/s) and SATA Revision 1.0 (1.5 Gb/s)
- Sequential Read/Write: Up to 530/470MB/s
- Random Read/Write: Up to 90/74k IOPS
- Endurance (TBW): >72TB (128GB), >80 TBW (256GB-1TB)
- Active Power (W): 95
- Slumber(mW): 70
- DEVSLP(mW): < 7
- 2.5" 7mm: 58 ± 3g
- M.2 2280: 7.5 ± 0.5g
- mSATA: 7.5 ± 0.5g
- Operating Temperature: 32ºF to 158ºF (0ºC to 70 ºC)
- Non-operating Temperature: -67ºF to 185ºF (-55ºC to 85ºC)
- Operating Vibration: 5 gRMS, 10-2000 Hz, 3 axes
- Non-operating Vibration: 4.9 gRMS, 7 – 800 Hz, 3 axes
- Operating/Non-operating Shock: 1,500G @0.5 ms half sine
- Certifications: FCC, UL, TUV, KC, BSMI, VCCI