The Shuttle NC10U retails online for about 185 Euros. Bundled with the unit are the following parts :
- Shuttle barebone
- Multi-language Quick Installation Guide
- Driver DVD for Windows 10
- VESA mount set (two parts), made of steel,
- Six screws (4x M4x10, 2x M2.5x3)
- Bracket for a 2.5" drive with eight screws (M3x5)
- Two aluminium stands (110 mm width) with four screws M3x7 for vertical operation
- Four black, rounded rubber feet, ca. 10 mm diameter x 2.5 mm
- Two screws for mounting of M.2 cards
- Power adapter 65 W with AC power cord
Provided that the box is coming with an Intel Celeron 4205U processor only, you'll have to buy the rest of the essential computer components. You'll have to install SO-DIMM DDR4 memory rated at up to 2133NHz (or 2666MHz), a 2.5" HDD/SSD drive and/or NVME SSD.
We would like to thank Crucial for providing us with a Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 SODIMM kit and a Crucial BX500 960GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD for this test.
Another affordable choice would be a lower capacity SSD, like the BX500 240GB. For those seeking to push the performance higher, the newest Crucial P2 NVME, could be a good option.
The PC box is compact in size at 142 x 142 x 42 mm, allowing you to install it on your desk or "hide" it behind your an LCD monitor. Its weight is less than 1.3kg without CPU, memory and SSD installed.
The USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A (max. 5 Gbps, blue), USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type C (max. 5 Gbps) and an SD card reader (supports SD, SDHC, SDXC) are placed on the front panel of the NC10U. As you see below, there are also a Power button, a power LED (blue, flashing when in suspend mode) and an HDD LED (orange):
At the left side there is a serial Serial RS232 COM port (D-Sub, 9-pin). This one cannot be used when the NC10U is operated in a vertical position, as it would be blocked by the stand.
Below you see a picture of the rear side:
- 1x DisplayPort 1.2 connector (DP) [The DisplayPort output can be converted to HDMI or DVI by an additional, passive adapter cable. The integrated graphics automatically detects the connected display and puts out the appropriate electric signal - either through DisplayPort (without an adapter) or HDMI/DVI (with an adapter). However, a monitor with a DisplayPort connector cannot be connected to the HDMI port with a simple, passive adapter.]
- HDMI 2.0a
- 2x USB 2.0 Type A
- Gigabit LAN (RJ45)
- Audio Combo Port for headphones and microphone (3.5 mm jack, 4-pole) (The 3.5 mm audio jack at the back panel of this device supports both a 4-pole connector for headphones and microphone and headphones with only a 3-pole connector. Headsets with separate connectors for headphones and microphone, though, require an appropriate adapter, if also the microphone should be used.)
- DC-input connector for external power adapter
- 2x perforation for optional external WLAN antennas
The NC10 series includes a total of 5 different SKUs to choose from, as you see below:
|NC10U||Celeron 4205U||2||2||1.8GHz||2MB||HD 610||€185|
|NC10U3||Core i3-8145U||2||4||2.1 ~ 3.9GHz||4MB||HD 620||€412|
|NC10U5||Core i5-8265U||4||8||1.6 ~ 3.9GHz||6MB||HD 620||€572|
|NC10U7||Core i7-8565U||4||8||1.8 ~ 4.6GHz||8MB||HD 620||€754|