LG Electronics is bringing the first wave of first of its 2019 LG OLED TVs with AI ThinQ to the U.S., with April's arrival of the 65-inch E9 and C9 models.
Additional models and screen sizes will follow in May and June with other LG OLED models announced later in the year.
The 2019 LG OLED TV lineup features screen sizes ranging from 55 to 77-inch class options consisting of the W9 series (models 77/65 W9), E9 (models 65/55E9) and C9 (models 77/65/55C9).
C9 LG OLED TVs
- 77-inch class (76.8 inches diagonal) OLED77C9PUB $6,999 (available in May)
- 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) OLED65C9PUA $3,499 (available in April)
- 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal): OLED55C9PUA $2,499 (available in April)
E9 LG OLED TVs (Glass TVs)
- 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) OLED65E9PUA $4,299 (available in April)
- 55-inch class (54.6 inches diagonal) OLED55E9PUA $3,299 (available in June)
W9 LG SIGNATURE OLED TVs (Wallpaper)
- 77-inch class (76.7 inches diagonal) OLED77W9PUA $12,999 (available in June)
- 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) OLED65W9PUA $6,999 (available in June)
Previewed at CES 2019, the new LG OLED TVs elevate picture and sound quality thanks to the company’s Alpha(α) 9 Gen 2 intelligent processor which uses artificial intelligence and deep learning technology with an extensive database of visual information. This allows the processor to optimize images by recognizing source quality and implementing the best algorithm to display a real image. The processor also nalyzes ambient room lighting conditions to achieve the optimal level of screen brightness.
LG OLED TVs this year will support Apple AirPlay 2 and Apple HomeKit for easy streaming of video and audio content and connectivity to Apple’s smart home products. New in 2019, LG OLED TVs add Amazon Alexa support to complement the Google Assistant which is already built-in. All 2019 LG OLED TVs include the LG Magic Remote which enables you to access both voice assistant platforms and control compatible smart home devices using your voice.
LG’s flagship TVs feature Dolby Vision for an HDR experience and Dolby Atmos for dimensional audio. The α9 Gen 2 also adds artificial intelligence to audio. This feature enables the TV to provide a virtual 5.1 channel up-mix to the 2 channel source material.
LG OLED 2019 models support HDMI 2.1 to offer a host of features such as 4K high frame rate content(4K HFR), automatic low latency mode (ALLM), variable refresh rate (VRR) and enhanced audio return channel (eARC).