HP Announces New Chromebooks and Thin Client Solutions
HP Inc. today announced new laptops and solutions designed to address the needs of business users.
While businesses have been adopting cloud-centric solutions and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to increase security and save costs, the recent pandemic has escalated the need for devices that empower those who primarily work with web applications and virtual desktop tools.
The new HP Elite c1030 Chromebook Enterprise, HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise, and HP Chromebook Enterprise 14 G6 are purpose-built for the way people work today. In addition, the new HP mt22 Mobile Thin Client and HP ThinPro Go help drive seamless transitions to virtual workspaces, especially while working from home.
The new HP Chromebook portfolio is empowered with the Chrome Enterprise Upgrade to deliver enterprise-class manageability and security.
The HP Elite c1030 Chromebook Enterprise features an edge-to-edge 13.5” diagonal 3:2 display that boasts a 90.1% screen-to-body ratio, the highest ever on a Chromebook. it is powered by the latest 10th Gen Intel processors and uses an active-cooling system for intensive multi-tasking of apps and video conferences with a battery life up to 12 hours. Crafted in a 360-degree design, the device also delivers:
- An integrated privacy screen, HP Sure View Reflect instantly keeps the display private with the press of a button. The integrated fingerprint sensor and built-in webcam privacy switch provide additional confidence for users and IT alike.
- The first business Chromebook based on Intel’s Project Athena innovation program. Wi-Fi 6 with HP Extended Range Wireless LAN and optional LTE provide data access, real-time collaboration, and connection from wherever they may be working.
- Responsibly made with a top lid of 75% recycled aluminum, a keyboard made from 50% recycled plastics, and speakers with ocean-bound plastics.
The HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise is designed for users to easily navigate work in the cloud. The device is powered by the latest 10th Gen Intel processors and users can spend more time getting work done with up to 12 hours of battery life and HP Fast Charge, which recharges the battery to 90% in 90 minutes. The device also delivers:
- Ultra-thin 14” Chromebook with an aluminium exterior, designed to pass MIL-STD testing and has a backlit keyboard that resists spills up to 350 ml of water.
- The HP Privacy Camera with integrated shutter helps protect from camera hacks while an optional integrated fingerprint sensor provides fast access.
- Equipped with Wi-Fi 6 and HP’s proprietary extended range LAN. The 180-degree hinge lay-flat design and built-in webcam and audio allow for easy collaboration, and the integrated HDMI port removes the need for dongles.
Also new to the portfolio is the HP Chromebook Enterprise 14 G6. The laptop’s keyboard can be wiped with popular household wipes. Users can expand their workspace with HDMI and future-ready USB-C. Get more done with up to 13.5 hours of battery life plus HP Fast Charge capabilities and prevent remote camera hacking with the HP Privacy Camera. Users can also enjoy enhanced Wi-Fi performance with HP Extended Range Wireless LAN.
The HP mt22 Mobile Thin Client delivers secure and productive mobile experiences for users of VDI, such as Citrix and VMware. HP’s ThinPro OS provides multi-layered security to user data, device, and identity in combination with a self-healing BIOS and HP Privacy Camera.
Designed for durability and dependability, the mt22 is the first mobile thin client with a 180-degree lie-flat hinge and has a solid stamped-aluminum chassis that undergoes MIL-STD testing.
Intel Celeron processors and HP Extended Range Wireless LAN deliver productivity, and users can quickly transition to a desk, displays, and accessories by connecting to an HP USB-C dock.
HP also announced HP ThinPro Go which enables secure work to happen anywhere by allowing employees to boot up in an HP ThinPro OS environment on PCs from a USB for instant, secure access to business applications and corporate data.
Pricing and Availability
- HP Elite c1030 Chromebook Enterprise is expected to be available in August.
- HP Pro c640 Chromebook Enterprise is expected to be available in June.
- HP Chromebook Enterprise 14 G6 is currently available starting at $399.
- HP mt22 Mobile Thin Client is expected to be available in May starting at $495.
- HP ThinPro Go is expected to be available in May starting at $135.