Today at the HP Gaming Festival in Beijing, the company unveiled a lineup of OMEN and HP Pavilion Gaming products, including the OMEN X 2S – the world’s first dual-screen gaming laptop.
The new OMEN X 2S lapto provides power and multitasking capabilities, while the OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 laptops bring power in their thinnest forms yet. In addition, both new HP Pavilion Gaming 15 and HP Pavilion Gaming 17 laptops offer mobility for gamers. HP also announced new HP Pavilion Gaming displays and accessories.
HP has added a second screen to the OMEN X 2S in the form of a six-inch 1080p touchscreen that lets players message friends in WeChat and WhatsApp, browse in Spotify, watch Twitch and YouTube, or even serve as a hub for OMEN Command Center software.
Thee OMEN X 2S is further bolstered by a real-time screen mirroring feature that can cut and magnify parts of the main screen – including copying the map portion of a racing game – to the second screen.
The laptop is 20 mm thin with a full metal chassis and is the first 15-inch diagonal gaming laptop to come with an applied liquid metal compound to the thermal system by way of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut. HP claims that the result is great heat dissipation at 10 times the thermal conductivity of silicon thermal grease, up to a 28 percent frames-per-second (FPS) performance boost over traditional grease when testing in Apex Legends, and an 8.5 percent faster lead time in a Blender Benchmark test.
The path to smaller, cooler, and more powerful applies to the newest versions of the OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 laptops. With a 20 percent and 18 percent reduction in thickness over previous versions, they sit at a slim 20 mm and 27 mm thin.
All three laptops feature OMEN Tempest, an overhauled thermal solution powered by a 12V fan, which utilizes three-sided venting to enable five-way airflow to keep things cool. Visuals are delivered by support for up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 for the OMEN 17 and features Max-Q6 design for the OMEN X 2S and OMEN 15. Additionally, multitasking and grand-scale games are smooth with up to the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i9 high performance mobile processor, powered by up to 5.0 GHz Turbo, eight cores and 16 threads, and up to 32 GB of RAM.
Users can also take advantage of the latest in-storage technology with options that include the Intel Optane Memory H10 with Solid State Storage. The new Intel Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) designed to support gigabit speeds ups the wireless game with up to 3X faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac). Other options include up to an esports standard 240 Hz refresh rate 1080p display. NVIDIA G-SYNC is available on the OMEN X 2S and available on select OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 configurations.
The evolution of the OMEN Command Center includes two additions for all three new OMEN devices. Performance Control cranks up fan RPM to either maximize cooling or performance, based on the chosen setting. The new OMEN Dynamic Power feature manages CPU and GPU wattage based on what a game is utilizing at a given moment to maximize FPS.
The OMEN X 25 and OMEN X 25f displays feature micro-edge bezels, one millisecond response times, and NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD Radeon FreeSync technologies to synchronize 240 Hz refresh ratesto the GPU.
The new OMEN Photon Wireless Mouse offers a variety of customization options, including removable rests and 11 customizable buttons. A tensioning-balance system ensures effortless optical-mechanical mouse clicks for big and little fingers alike. To address concerns of latency, connectivity, and battery life in wireless mice, OMEN Photon features 2.4 GHz Proactive Wireless Technology, 0.2ms click response time, the ability to charge on any Qi enabled surface, and up to 50 hours of battery life.
Constructed with Qi wireless charging capabilities, the OMEN Outpost Mousepad can fully charge the OMEN Photon Mouse in 2.5 hours and works with compatible smartphones. Added adaptability comes in the form of hard and soft anti-fray mat options, which can be selected by simply flipping the mat to the desired side. The mousepad also features a USB-A Passthrough port for a wireless dongle and OMEN Command Center customizable RGB LED lighting.
Designed with a thinner frame than before, the latest HP Pavilion Gaming 15 laptop arrives with an eight percent decrease in height over the previous model and is joined by the introduction of the new HP Pavilion Gaming 17 laptop. Technological improvements across the board arrive with options up to the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i5/i7 mobile CPUs and up to the recently announced NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q design.
The new HP Pavilion Gaming Mouse 200 is crafted to yield precise aim and cursor movement along with a variety of customization options such as on-the-fly DPI and RGB lighting effects. It pairs with the HP Pavilion Gaming Mousepad 400, which utilizes an anti-fray cloth surface and has a rubber base.
Pricing and Availability
- OMEN X 2S Laptop is expected to be available for a starting price of $2099.99. The 240 Hz option is expected to be available in July.
- OMEN 17 Laptop is expected to be available in June for a starting price of $1099.99. The 240 Hz option is expected to be available in October.
OMEN 15 Laptop is expected to be available in June for a starting price of $1049.99.
- OMEN X 25 Display is expected to be first available late June in Europe for 629.99 € and in North America early September for a starting price of $549.99.
- OMEN X 25f Display is expected to be first available late June in the US via Best Buy for a starting price of $449.99 and in Europe late June for a starting price of 459.99 €.
- OMEN Photon Wireless Mouse is expected to be available in July for a starting price of $129.99.
- OMEN Outpost Mousepad is expected to be available in July for a starting price of $99.99.
- OMEN Apparel: is available now via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $29.99.
- Pavilion Gaming 17 Laptop is expected to be available by June for a starting price of $849.99.
- Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop is expected to be available by June for a starting price of $799.99.
- Pavilion Gaming Mouse 200 is available now via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $24.99.
- Pavilion Gaming Mousepad 400 is available now via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $29.99.