Huawei anounced a new sporty smartwatch alongside its flagship P40 smartphone series.
The Huawei Watch GT 2E includes 100 workout modes, like rock climbing, skateboarding, and parkour, and has storage for up to 500 songs, Huawei says. The red and green versions of the device feature a rubber watchband.
The smartwatch features almost similar specs to last year’s Watch GT 2. It’s got a 1.39-inch OLED touchscreen with a resolution of 454 x 454, 4GB of memory, it uses the company’s Kirin A1 chipset, and Huawei says it should last 14 days on a single charge. New for this version of the device is blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitoring via a dedicated IR sensor. The watch is water resistant up to 50m, supports GPS, and has two physical buttons on the right-hand side of its watchface.
Alongside the new Huawei Watch GT 2E, Huawei has also announced a new gold variant of its existing 42mm GT 2 smartwatch.
The new Watch GT 2E will retail for €199 in Europe, while the gold edition of the Watch GT 2 will be priced starting at €229 for a version with a white strap or €249 for a red strap.
The watches will be available in April.
- Size: 53 x 46.8 x 10.8 mm
- Weight: Approximately 43 g (without the strap)
- Colour: Black Stainless Steel, Stainless Steel
- Material: Metal + Plastic
- 1.39 inch AMOLED 454 x 454 HD touchscreen supports slide and touch gestures.
- Memory: 4GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Geomagnetic, Optical heart rate, Ambient light, Air pressure, Capacitive
- Bluetooth 5.1 BLE / BR / EDR
- Battery life: 14 days for typical use
- 5 ATM water-resistant