Primera Introduces The LX600 Color Label Printer
Primera Technology, Inc. today announced LX600, its newest desktop color label printer.
LX600 is a compact desktop color label printer. With its maximum print width of 5" (127mm), it can print a 4" x 3" (101.6mm x 76.2mm) label with 50% coverage in less than 6 seconds. Also, ink costs are low due to the printer's ultra-high-capacity ink system. On a 4" x 3" label with 50% coverage, cost per label is around $0.03 (USD) each.
Typical applications include product labels for coffee, wine, water, bakery, confectionery, meat, cheese, and hundreds of other specialty and gourmet foods. The printer can be also used for manufacturing, laboratory, security, government, retail, convention and meeting badges, and a wide variety of different markets.
- Print Speed:up to 4.5" (114mm) per second.
- Print Quality: horizontal banding is a common problem with many lower-cost desktop color label printers. On LX600, banding is virtually eliminated – even on the fastest print speeds.
- Interchangeable Dye or Pigment Inks: with a simple swap-out of ink cartridges, LX600 can print with dye-based ink. Or, choose pigment ink for maximum durability against water and UV light. Both types of ink work interchangeably on the same printer.
- Single Ink SKU: LX600 utilizes an ultra-high capacity single CMY ink tank. You'll only need to replace and keep on-hand one ink tank instead of two or four. Your inventory of ink is simplified and ink swaps are fast and easy. Process black uses no more ink than a separate black ink tank would for printing the same amount of text or graphics.
- Low Maintenance: Users get a new print head each time they change the cartridge, simplifying maintenance and dramatically lowering on-going operating costs.
- Small Footprint: LX600 is one of Primera's most compact printers
LX600 sells for $1895.00 in the USA (MSRP).