At CeBIT 2015, Won-Pyo Hong, President and Chief Marketing Officer of Samsung Electronics, addressed the Internet of Things (IoT) for enterprises and how Samsung is creating an open and collaborative IoT ecosystem. "As more and more businesses adopt the Internet of Things, we have a great opportunity to enhance customer value with increased productivity and profit," Hong said. "Significant advancements can be made in the business process through the application of IoT in inventory management, energy efficiency and more. However, we first have to overcome the challenges of platform compatibility, data analysis and security in order to accelerate IoT adoption."
The company is showcasing its enterprise technology solutions and services at its exhibition booth from March 16 to March 20.
Samsung also introduced Samsung Business, a dedicated brand that unifies Samsung’s end-to-end business solution portfolio, including tailored offerings for industry-specific uses across retail, education, hospitality, transportation, and logistics.
Samsung Business expands and unifies all Samsung business solutions, including Samsung KNOX for security and enterprise mobility management, Samsung SMART Signage solution, Samsung printing solution, and other business offerings.
Samsung has on display a portfolio of integrated solutions across digital signage and mobile devices:
- Mirror Solution - Features a digital mirror with Samsung Smart Signage that can be configured into VideoWalls. Customers can get a clear view on all angles of the clothes they are trying on.
- Samsung School Solution - Provides an interactive and collaborative learning environment by integrating Samsung mobile devices with interactive learning tools. Students are encouraged to engage in lessons through features such as screen-sharing, on-screen quizzes and digital handwriting using the S-pen. The management tools allow teachers to prepare class materials and maintain control over students’ learning devices and materials.
- Samsung Cloud Print Service - An end-to-end document workflow solution that allows teachers and students to handle, manage and monitor printing devices and documents.
- Workbook Composer for Education Vertical - Workbook Composer is an editing solution that allows scanned documents to be converted into a text document directly from the printer. People can select the areas they wish to scan, convert the areas into a file and then print the file or send it via email for further editing.
- SMART Hotel Solution - A management solution for hotel rooms. It includes features like auto-adjustment of room lighting and blinds for optimal brightness levels. Samsung’s full HD Hospitality Displays deliver high picture quality, customized content on the TV screen; guests can wirelessly view their mobile content on Samsung displays and vice versa for dynamic two-way viewing.
- Information Bulletin Touch - Greet guests with relevant messaging and real-time information on the 55-inch Samsung SMART Signage with touch functionality.
- Preventive Mobile Cardiac Rehabilitation - Enables real-time, continuous rehabilitation monitoring of chronic cardiac conditions, giving healthcare providers information required for accurate decision making and care delivery. This solution is comprised of Samsung GALAXY devices and the wireless BodyGuardian cardiac sensor.
- Vidyo - The reach of healthcare extends beyond the walls of a hospital or clinic with video conferencing solutions from Vidyo on Samsung devices. The Samsung GALAXY and other Samsung portfolio products, using solutions based on the VidyoWorks platform, enable a variety of clinical services and workflows to be conducted through real-time video communication. These solutions enable patients in remote locations, including the elderly or non-ambulatory patients, to receive expedited care, and enable healthcare providers to leverage their specialists across greater populations.
- Secure & Pull Printing Solution with Samsung Business Core Printing Solutions - Financial staff can work smarter with secure document handling and printing. Authorized branch personnel can use Samsung SecuThru Lite 2 to easily pull confidential customer documents from the Samsung Multifunction printer and release them safely with ID card authentication. SecuThru Lite 2 ensures that only authorized personnel can retrieve documents
- 24/7 Professional Grade Signage Solution - At airports, passengers can get real-time flight information such as arrival and departure times, flight and gate numbers with ease and accuracy in various locations on Samsung SMART Signage. Built for 24/7 commercial operation for airport environments, these displays deliver sharp text and images in virtually any lighting conditions, thanks to 700-nit brightness levels.