Shuttle Mini-PCs Get Support for 9th generation Intel Core Processors
Shuttle is refreshing some of its XPC Barebones and mini PCs with 9th generation Intel Core processors ("Coffee Lake”).
The 9th generation chips offer higher performance thanks to the addition of more cores and threads, and more powerful graphics. The top Core i9-9900K model is the first to support a turbo frequency of 5 GHz and features a soldered heat spreader (STIM) for better cooling. Here are the new 95 Watt CPUs:
- Intel Core i9-9900K (eight cores/16 threads)
- Intel Core i7-9700K (eight cores/eight threads)
- Intel Core i5-9600K (six cores/six threads)
The latest Shuttle XPC Barebones with a 300-series chipset are compatible with these chips out-of-the-box or they just need a BIOS update. Intel is also planning to release processor models with a TDP of 65 Watt, which will then also be suitable for Shuttle’s 3-litre and 1.3-litre PCs.
The following Mini-PCs currently support the latest Intel Core processors
- XPC cube SH310R4, from BIOS version .102
- XPC cube SH370R6, from BIOS version .105 (update required)
- XPC cube SH370R6 Plus, from BIOS version .105 (update required)