The IP cores scalable design delivers the following features:
* Dual-stream 4K video decoding (3D at 60 frames per second).
* Support for H.264, MPEG-1/2 and VC-1 decoding standards.
* MVC (Multi-view Video Coding), an extension of H.264 that supports multi-view video for 3D movies, sports and surveillance applications.
* Fully automatic multi-stream decoding for up to 16 HD streams, with error detection and concealment with minimal software processing.
* JPEG decoding of images up to 16Kx8K size at a rate of 9 pictures per second for 32 megapixel (MP) pictures.
* Up to 8Kx4K digital video decoding at 30 frames per second.
In addition to its high performance decoding capabilities, Silicon Images cineramIC IP core also supports H.264-MVC, which is designed to decode multi-channel 3D video while maintaining the highest quality. MVC enables the creation of a single video stream from multiple cameras, while maintaining backward compatibility with existing H.264/AVC codecs.