TDK will present sensors, passive components and electronics solutions marketed under brands TDK, InvenSense, Micronas, Chirp, Tronics and EPCOS at CES 2019, January 8-11, Las Vegas, Nev.
The Japanese company is offering passive components, sensors, sensor solutions and platforms for mobile, wearable, AR/VR, automotive, Internet of Things (IoT), drone and industrial applications.
At the forefront of pioneering six degrees of freedom (6DoF) solutions, TDK delivers InvenSense core competencies of 6-axis motion sensing with Chirp sonar and high-performance TMR magnetometers in a single platform integrated with fusion software. TDK will launch several new InvenSense sensors, including a line of motion sensors optimized for head-mounted displays and another for handheld controllers. TDK will also unveil new sensors with unique 7-axis fusion technology, and the world's first high-precision, inertial-aided positioning software solution for autonomous vehicles.
Booth highlight demonstrations include:
- TDK PiezoHapt : TDK expands its portfolio of haptic components with the ultra-thin PiezoHapt actuator featuring a very short response time. Available in two forms, as a single layer monolithic piezo ceramic disk and as a multilayer actuator with mechanical amplifiers, these new active haptic solutions with "button-like" feedback feature very low-insertion heights tailored for a range of consumer/industrial displays as well as for automotive use.
- TDK PowerHap: The PowerHap piezo actuator with haptic feedback and integrated sensor functionality is a compact actuator that enhances the sensory experience of the human-machine interface. PowerHap actuators feature high acceleration and force, low insertion height and a fast response time for use in automotive flat panel consoles, single button replacement and navigation systems; consumer electronics displays (e.g., flat panel TVs, smartphones and tablets, AR/VR, game controllers and wearables); smart appliances and industrial displays.
- TDK PiezoListen: World's first piezo-based, ultra-thin (thickness of 0.45 to 0.7mm), high-power actuator converts flexible surfaces into speakers in automotive infotainment systems and flat screens. Unlike typical miniature speakers that tend to have a metallic sound, TDK claims that the PiezoListen produces sound with dynamic range, volume and richness (midrange and high-end) that easily fills a room or vehicle.
- Micronas 3D Position Hall Sensor: New Hall sensor, HAL39xy, features stray field compensation built on a flexible architecture for multidimensional magnetic field measurements. The sensor offers four measurement modes in a single device: 1) linear position detection, 2) rotary 360° angle detection, 3) rotary 180° angle detection with stray field compensation including gradient fields, and 4) real 3D magnetic field measurement (BX, BY, BZ).
- Tronics High-Performance MEMS Inertial Sensors (Gyros and Accelerometers): New MEMS inertial sensors feature closed-loop electronics for linearity, increased signal-to-noise ratio and improved behavior under vibration, shock and extreme temperature environments. Available in hermetically sealed ceramic packages for extended lifetimes in adverse environments.
- TDK CeraPlas HF: New CeraPlas HF is a compact cold plasma generator element based on a PZT (lead zirconate titanate) that is low weight, consumes little power and requires low input voltage. The cold plasma generator ionizes multiple gases – including air – under normal pressure. It has been designed for battery-powered handheld devices, CeraPlas can be used to treat plastics for easier imprinting, disinfect wounds, sterilize devices or foods, and eliminate unpleasant odors.
- Chirp ToF Sensor: World's first MEMS ultrasonic time-of-flight (ToF) sensor consumes only microwatts while performing ultrasonic echolocation. The new inside-out 6DoF Ultrasonic Controller Tracking Solution for All-in-One VR is a tiny "sonar on a silicon chip" enabling ultrawide field-of-view, inside-out controller tracking for mobile VR/AR at 1/1000 power of other solutions.