ZTE today introduced to the world the ZTE Axon M, a 'foldable' smartphone featuring two TFT LCDs and a hinge to create a 6.75-inch display.
Built of a metal and glass construction, the Axon M weighs 230 grams and has two TFT 5.2-inch LCDs with full 1080p resolution. When folded, thay create a 6.75-inch tablet-like display, boasting 426 pixels per inch. Fully extended, the display has an aspect ratio of 1.78:1. Dual speakers will aid the video-watching experience though, as well as a dedicated DAC and amplifier which can pick up HD quality voices from up to 20 feet away.
The smartphone comes with Android 7.1.2 installed, so it natively supports dual-screen features. By using the "Axon M" button, you can toggle between the three modes, labeled AA, A, and AB. AA creates a mirror mode, where each screen shows the same thing side by side. The mode labeled with one large "A" denotes the full-screen mode, where both displays form one large, continuous screen. Finally, AB mode allows the user to do traditional dual-screen multitasking with two separate apps, but with the added ability to run two instances of the same app.
On the performance side of things, the device is powered by the Snapdragon 821 and 4GB of RAM.
The camera on the Axon M sits at the front of the device while in clamshell mode which means this 20-megapixel snapper functions as both the front-facer, and rear-facing camera. The camera has an F/1.8 aperture, image stabilization (photo and video), and phase detection autofocus.
Other features include 64GB storage , 4K video recording, USB-C with Quick-charge 3.0.
ZTE will initially be selling the Axon M with AT&T in the US and Docomo in Japan and it is expected to be available before the end of the year. In the next month AT&T customers will be able to purchase the ZTE Axon M for $24.17 for 30 months on AT&T Next when they have eligible service.
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- High Fidelity Sound Performance
- Dual Speaker Support
- Dedicated Audio Chipset:
- AKM 4962 HiFi main chipset to provide HiFi and recording features PLAYBACK Sound Playback Codecs:
- Dolby Atmos
- Sampling Frequency: 384 kHz
- THD+N: '-106dB
- S/N: 125 dB RECORDING Channel: 2 channel
- Resolution: 16 bit
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- MIC max input: 2.02 Vpp
- S/N ADC: 102 dB
- 20MP (Single Camera for both Rear and Front Facing)
- SONY Sensor IMX350 , PDAF, F/1.8, Alternate VCM for better auto focus
- Super Auto mode (contain Night Shot, Auto HDR)
- Multi Function (Manual, Beauty Selfie, Slow Motion, Live Photo, Multi Exposure, Long Exposure)
- Powerful Dual LED flash
- Dual Image Stablization (Photo and Video) VIDEO CAPTURE 4K UHD (30fps)
- 1080P (30fps)
- 720P (30fps)
- Slow Motion mode 720p HD (240 FPS) or 720P HD (120 FPS)
- VGA 30fps
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Integrated Qualcomm ARMv8
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, emmc v5.1
- MicroSD Memory slot expandable up to 256GB SIM CARD SIZE Nano (4FF)
- Also supports MicroSD expansion
- OS Android 7.1.2
- Talk: 28.7 hours
- Standby: 290 hours (12 days)
- 3180 mAh(Typical), non-removable
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Time for Full Charge: 125 minutes
- Amount of Charge:
-5 min: 6%
-10 min: 14%
-30 min: 47%
- Physical Size: 2 x 5.2"
- Resolution Width (per screen): 1080
- Resolution Height (per screen): 1920
- Display: Two 5.2" TFT LCD Glass 2.5D, PPI 426, Gorilla Glass Gen 5