Another major feature included in Roxio Retrospect 8.2 for Mac is the ability to restore from backups created with Retrospect 6. This feature addresses a key request from users who wanted to upgrade to the Retrospect 8 platform, but didn't want to manage and maintain a version 6 install in order to perform restores of older archived backups.
First introduced in 2009, Retrospect version 8 was redesigned from the ground up with a new interface, a powerful core engine, and a range of new features and enhancements. Positioned between Apple's Time Machine and enterprise-level backup applications, key capabilities of the Retrospect 8 product line include:
- The ability to perform multiple, simultaneous backup, restore and copy operations
- Backup-to-disk features that include support for local and network disk systems
- True disk-based backup staging for future transfer to tape or portable media
- Simultaneous streaming of data to multiple disk or tape storage systems
- Advanced custom reporting and email notifications
- Certified AES-256 encryption of backup data
- Advanced network clients with support for multiple network interfaces and a wake-on-LAN feature to wake sleeping computers for backup
For more information on Retrospect capabilities and pricing, or to download a free trial or update for Retrospect 8.2 for Mac, visit: www.retrospect.com.