• Achieves recording at 12x for DVD and 52x for CD, and playback at 16x for DVD and 52x for CD.
• Supports recording to and playback from a wide range of DVD and CD media types and formats.
• Supports SANYO’s unique HD-BURN® record and playback technology.
Since the LC897491 adopts a multichip package technology and includes 8 Mbits of flash memory in the same package, no external flash memory is required. Furthermore, since all the signal processing unique to DVD dual drive systems can be implemented with just two chips, the LC897491 plus an RF amplifier, the LC897491 can contribute to significant simplification of DVD drives.
• Supports SANYO’s BURN-Proof®* technology.
• Includes 8 Mbits of flash memory in the same package.
• Includes a standard i80251 8-bit CPU core (source code compatible with the i8051).
• DVD+R: 12x
• DVD-R: 8x
• DVD±R: 8x
• DVD-ROM: 16x
• DVD-RAM read: 2x
• CD-R:52x, CD-RW: 32x, CD-ROM: 52x
• CSS (Content Scrambling System), DVD-MAC (using CPRM) • ATAPI PIO: 16.6 MB/s, Multiword DMA: 16.6 MB/s, Ultra DMA: 66 MB/s (maximum)
• Oscillator frequency: 33.8688 MHz
• Package: 256-pin LQFP
• Power supplies - I/O: 3.3 V, internal: 2.5 V
The LC897491 will be available in sample quantities by mid March, 2004, and in production quantities in the second quarter of 2004.