Ulefone has introduced its latest shockproof and waterproof smartphone. The ruggized Armor 6 phone combines an IP68-rated chassis, a large display, multiple sensors, and a high-performance SoC.
The device is protected into a chassis featuring a die cast frame covered with protective rubber and red or grey metallic inlays. The enclosure is rated to handle drops from 1.2 meters, submersion into water (up to 1.5 meters for up to 60 minutes), thermal shocks, corrosive environments, and so on. It's 6.2-inch 2246×1080 LCD display is also protected using Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5. In terms of size, the smartphone is 160 mm tall, 13.3 mm thick, and weighs 228 grams.
The smartphone is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P60 SoC, a eight-core design with quad A73 and quad A53 Arm cores as well as Aem's Mali-G72MP3 GPU. The SoC is paired with 6 GB of DRAM and 128 GB of NAND flash storage.
The handset supports 30 frequency bands as well as GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+Beidou positioning. As for local connectivity, the Armor 6 supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, as well as a USB 2.0 Type-C port for data transfers and charging of its 5000 mAh battery. The phone also supports 10 W Qi wireless charging.
The phone's camera setup includes a 16 MP + 8 MP main camera with an ƒ/2.0 large aperture and dual LED flash, as well as an 8 MP selfie camera with an ƒ/2.0 large aperture. The device is configured to use both cameras at once, combining their inputs using a special algorithm designed by Arcsoft and running on the SoC ISP.
When it comes to sensors, the Ulefone Armor 6 is equipped with a p-sensor, an ultraviolet sensor, a coulometer, along with the other more common sensors found in current-generation smartphones. The smartphone also comes pre-loaded with multiple special-purpose applications (e.g., Sound Meter, Pedometer, Bubble Level, Barometer, Protractor, UV Light Tester, Plumb Bob, etc.) that take advantage of the sensors.
Ulefone said that its Armor 6 smartphone will ship in 2019, and hasn't yet announced a price.
- IP68/IP69K Protection
- Dust and Water-resistant: Water-resistant and dustproof based on IP68 Rating, which tests submersion up to 1.5 meter for up to 60 minutes.
- 6.2" Notch Screen, 1080x2246 pixels 402 PPI
- Helio P60 AI Chipest - Octa Core, 2.0GHz
- 6 MP (Interpolated to 21MP)+8 MP (Interpolated to 13MP), ƒ/2.0 large aperture, Dual LED Flash
- 6GB+128GB (SD card Up to 256GB)
- Global LTE Bands
- Color: Red / Black
- Height: 166mm
- Width: 83mm
- Thickness: 13.3mm
- Weight: 228g (with battery)
- Battery: 5000mAh Li-Polymer
- Quick Charge: 9V, 2A
- Wireless Charge: 10W(Qi Standard)
- Standby Time: 440 Hours
- Talk Time:25 Hours
- Storage capacity: 128GB
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Touch ID
- Response speed: 0.1s
- Recognition angle: 360°
- Sensor: Capacitive touch sensor
- Memory: 5 fingerprints
- Face Unlock
- Response speedL 0.2s
- Memory: 1
- 2G GSM: 1900/1800/850/900(B2/3/5/8)
- 2G CDMA: 850/900(BC0/BC1)
- 3G WCDMA: 2100/1900/1700/850/900(B1/2/4/5/8)
- 3G TDSCDMA: 2015/1900(B34/B39)
- 4G FDD-LTE: 2100/1900/1800/1700/850/2600/900/700/700/850/800/700/700 (B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/19/20/28A/28B)
- 4G TDD-LTE: 2015/2500/1900/2300/2500(B34/38/39/40/41)
- Dual sim dual standby, Nano SIM + Nano SIM + TF
- Both SIM cards support 4G connectivity, when they work simultaneously, each card can connect to the fast 4G LTE network.
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n 2.4G/5G
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- Sensor: G-sensor, P-Sensor, L-sensor, Gyro, Electronic Compass, Touch Sensor, Coulometer, NFC
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, Digital Compass
- Ports: USB 2.0, Type-C
- Dual nano-SIM slot