As the white version, the PlexWriter 40/12/40A has been designed with many features:
- BURN-Proof, PoweRec-II and VariRec Technology
- High Quality Digital Audio extraction
- Easy Firmware upgrade through FlashROM
- A wide range of CD-R and CD-R/W media support
- The use of a black tray decreases the C1 error rate because the black absorbs some of the OPU’s (Optical Power Unit) laser light which improves writing quality.
- The optimised printed circuit board (PCB) reduces internal noise which improves ‘jitter’ and deviation levels to produce higher quality results.
- 5 high speed CD-R media in the retail packaging
- Mount Rainier ready
The PlexWriter 40/12/40A with a black front bezel will be available from April 2002 in retail version.
The Retail version comprises: PlexWriter 40/12/40A, 5 CD-R media, 1 CD-R/W media, 1 E-IDE (ATAPI) cable, 1 Audio cable, Plextor Utility software (Plextools), CD Recording software Nero + InCD and a 16-language manual.
The recommended end user price for the Retail version (excl. VAT) is: 219 Euro. This product is also covered by Plextor’s special “On-Site Collect&Return Service”, under which the end user, dealer or distributor can return the product free of charge in the event of a defect.
You can find a photo with higher resolution on: http://www.plextor.be/english/press/highres.html